- Purpose of this Statement
This statement tells you how the University will collect and process your personal data when you access this website.
- Automated Collection of Personal Information
As with most other web servers, when you access these web pages certain information you provide will automatically be recorded by the University. This will include your IP address, browser type, and information relating to the page you last visited. This information is processed to estimate how much usage of the server is made by different categories of users and in the event of a breach of security may be used to aid detection.
- Non-Automated Collection
Where you are required under this website to provide personal data this data will be used for the following purposes:
- To identify videos uploaded by you
- For the purpose of networking within the University
- For the recording of usage information, for example channels you subscribe to and view, groups you join or form. This will be accessible only by those who have a legitimate need to know within the University.
You will be given the option of withholding personal identifiers that are assigned to you when you log into the system. These will then not be shared with other site users. Visitors to the website will be able to view your personal details if you have chosen not make them private.
- Changes to this statement
This statement and therefore the ways in which your data may be processed can be changed from time to time. Any changes will only be notified via this web page.
If you have any queries relating to the privacy statement then please contact email@example.com who is responsible for the pages to which it relates. If you feel dissatisfied with the response given then please contact the University's webmaster (firstname.lastname@example.org).